I got mine up! Happy holidays everyone!
I got mine up! Happy holidays everyone!
mines going up this weekend
I will be heading over to Banner Elk in 2 weekends to cut one down. My wife's family does put their up on Thanksgiving Day.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
we normally put ours up the day after Thanksgiving but we wont be home so we just got a headstart. My wife has been chomping at the bit to put one up since Halloween! lol
Sounds alot like my sister in law. She, and her husband recently moved into a new home, and I was surprised she didnt put the tree up as they moved in! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
We've got ours up!
And we must say, it's purdy! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
It's an artificial one. We love real trees, but for safety's sake, we went with flame retardant.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Our little Christmas present (appropriately named Noel) decided she was the cutest thing we were going to get, and proved it by putting herself under the tree. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
![]()
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
We're certainly thankful for her, and thankful she's alive.
The day before we got her we knew she wasn't acting "right." (She's a dog-pound rescue, btw)
The day we got her we found out she had parvo, even though Dr. Goins (WCAH) had cleared her for adoption.
She was at Goins for 2 nights (he was the only choice at the time) then we transferred her to Dr. Rasnick in Duffield. He kept her for 5 nights. Dr. Rasnick took her off amoxicillin and put her on an appropriate antibiotic (to counter secondary infections) and used an updated hydration method.
2 nights at WCAH: $157
5 nights at Dr. Rasick's: $168.
Have to give thanks to Rasnick for his hard work.
Now we have the task of trying to put some meat on her. Poor thing is a walking skeleton, with every bone showing prominantly.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I have an Austrailian Shepherd (that my mom stole). When she was a pup she got parvo, I took her to a certain vet in GC and she did all the tests but came back negative. She sent me home with instructions to feed Gracie (my pup) ice cubes. I stayed up all night with Gracie cleaning up puke. The next morning I took her out to use the bathroom and noticed blood in her poo. I knew something wasn't right, so I took her to Indian Ridge( I think that's what it is called, it's been a while) and sure enough she had parvo. They kept her for two days, I'm not sure what all they did, but Gracie came through. They only charged me 130 bucks, but I would've paid alot more. Now Gracie is seven years old, fat and lazy living a dog's life!
They're certainly worth it, aren't they. We would have done anything we could have for her.
Now if she can get past her starvation, from the first few weeks of life, she'll be ok.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks